REMINDER - Database Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
After speaking with the other admins, it was decided to post another reminder about database submissions & how the database is structured:

1. Everyone who wishes to submit data to the database should have as much of the data confirmed before submitting the information. The searching tools on the main database page here (the one with the US map) are very easy to use. I expect submissions to have a callsign & PL or DPL (or NAC) if known (I understand there are still many that do not have scanners with PL decode - those of you are excused from this).
  2. Data that was previously entered for Monmouth County is another prime example - the district info that was appended to every municipality name does not belong in the database. As stated previously, that is extraneous data that only servers to clutter up the database itself. The wiki for each county/trunk system is public access to all - if people want to publish lists of district & station numbers, as well as 10-codes & other similar info, we expect that info to be placed there.
  3. As a brief reminder, the general consensus from the vote taken early in 2011 was that the 'borough/city/town/township' monikers were going to be removed, with the only exceptions being if there are two towns in a county with the same name, or the town legally has 'city' as part of its name (or something similar). Please do not make submissions to the database asking for info like that to be added back in.
The admins and I are busy people - we have precious little time in the 'grand scheme' of our daily routines to get these submissions processed. Please do what you can to make our jobs a little easier!

Thanks! :D

DJ88

Just a reminder, Scott, licenses are not always applicable. Use of a low power simplex frequency without a valid FCC license is permitted. Also, there are municipalities that use unlicensed frequencies or frequencies with expired licenses. One example, Brielle Police (155.0850), in Monmouth County, N.J., unlicensed. They are dispatched by Monmouth County and neither Brielle nor the county holds a license for it.

I would suggest that before any of the admins have any intentions of deleting any unlicensed frequencies from the databases, they should post in the appropriate state forum to see if the frequency is being used. I'm not saying that any of these frequencies are being deleted, just offering a suggestion if the intention is there.

With regard to actual database submissions, what would be the appropriate way to submit an unlicensed frequency without having the submission rejected? Would a short note on the submission stating that the frequency is unlicensed or expired be permissible?

Thanks.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.163 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Not to worry, we are NOT going to delete anything like that. I was just trying to reinforce the quality of submissions we are looking for.

Your note idea will work just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.