Remote Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonCoP

I have a GRECOM PSR-500 scanner with WIN500 software version 1.81. I am able to control the radio from my software on my computer locally and the audio comes over the speaker on the radio.

What I would like to do is place the radio in a different city and control the radio and hear the audio over the network. Does anyone have other ideas on how I can make this happen?

Don

NYRHKY94

Premium Subscriber
Yes, this is done all the time. Assuming you have the scanner hooked up properly to a PC in the remote location, you would enable the remote server in the Win500 software (monitor/control tab) on that PC, and then access & control your scanner using the Win500 client software.

DonCoP

Thanks Mike, but what about the audio? locally it comes across my speaker on the radio. I'll need to have the audio to come across the network also.
Don

NYRHKY94

Premium Subscriber
Hi Don:

That's what I meant by properly hooking-up your scanner to the PC. That includes running an audio cable from the Scanner to the Line-In on the PC sound card (like Astrak posted). Once you have done that and properly set-up the Win500 server software on that PC, you will indeed be able to hear the scanner audio remotely when you use the Win500 client software.

Status
Not open for further replies.