Remote control of APRSIS32 (or other desktop software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,
I have two APRSIS32 setups running. Currently only one has any RF ability (receive only, hooked into a scanner) and the other is strictly Internet. (Both eventually will have rx/tx RF devices but that's another story.) They operate as two distinct callsigns/SSIDs (they are not the same base callsign). The one that's got no RF at all right now, I want to be able to generate objects originating from that callsign. It's common for me to want to do this when I'm not near that station. I thought there was a way for me to instruct that station from remote to do such things via messaging, but I can't seem to find it in any documentation I have been able to locate.

My ultimate desire is to be able to create objects, set their name/SSID, icon, and lat/long, and at a time of my choosing be able to clear/kill them. But as I say, I want them to come from the "other" station's callsign, not my home station (or vehicle radio's) callsign. Is there a way to do this? Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree and overcomplicating the whole procedure perhaps?

(and yes, I know that creating objects on a TCPIP-only device is of minimal benefit, but like I said, I plan to have RF on that site in the fullness of time.)

Any help appreciated, as always..

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The one that's got no RF at all right now, I want to be able to generate objects originating from that callsign.
That's do-able. Assuming you have a password for the APRS-IS database, you can inject objects via IP using the callsign and SSID of your "station" that's connected to the Internet. Whether or not those objects will be I-gated out on RF by any I-gates in your area is another matter completely. BTW, your APRS-IS password is a hash of your callsign (without SSID). If you are using two different callsigns, you'll need an APRS-IS password that matches the callsign you are using on the Internet.

It's common for me to want to do this when I'm not near that station. I thought there was a way for me to instruct that station from remote to do such things via messaging, but I can't seem to find it in any documentation I have been able to locate.
I've not seen any mention of being able to control the program by remote control. Not sure what documentation you found, but the only official documentation is a wiki.

Welcome to APRSISCE/32 - APRSISCE/32 The future of Amateur Radio APRS

Probably best to ask in the APRSIS/32 Yahoo Group...if you haven't already.

aprsisce : APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

KZ9G

Premium Subscriber
I installed teamviewer to just remote into the computer and set up my objects. There is an app for an iphone if you have one of those for teamviewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.