Remote Control via WIFI of a BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirsch101

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way that I could monitor and have full control of a BCD536HP over WIFI with a PC. I already use the Siren App with my iPhone but like to use a PC

Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way that I could monitor and have full control of a BCD536HP over WIFI with a PC. I already use the Siren App with my iPhone but like to use a PC

Thanks

Yes, check out Proscan. Read the 2 documents at the lower right corner of the Proscan home page. Using the webserver option, you can view, listen to, and control your scanner from anywhere that has internet and a web browser. The RSOIP option will let you connect from a PC anywhere with internet and the Proscan client installed on that PC:

https://www.proscan.org/

mule1075

Feed Provider
If you want to do this free you can use the scannermonitor app Scanner Monitor
along with Teamviewer.
Tim :cool:
Not supported anymore if I remember correctly. If you previously have it installed it will still work but you cannot do a new install. Post edited with screenshot below.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-30-15-04-15~2.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-30-15-04-15~2.png
    256.3 KB · Views: 14

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I was able to get it to work using a demo copy of Proscan. Is there any way to adjust for the audio lag?
Thanks
I take it you are using the Web Server feature. You could try adjusting the Display & Metadata Delay option on the web page. That option will delay the Display and Metadata so the audio will appear in sync. Another way is using WinAmp as an external audio player. That player seems to have the lowest latency around 3 seconds.

If using the RSOIP feature then no latency more than 200 to 400 milliseconds.

Ubbe

It also works using Unidens remote control program RH-536HP mkII. Use mouse buttons for hold and avoid. Audio has to be a seperate program like VLC using rtsp://536_ip_number/au:scanner.au

/Ubbe

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I take it you are using the Web Server feature. You could try adjusting the Display & Metadata Delay option on the web page. That option will delay the Display and Metadata so the audio will appear in sync. Another way is using WinAmp as an external audio player. That player seems to have the lowest latency around 3 seconds.

If using the RSOIP feature then no latency more than 200 to 400 milliseconds.

The delay feature works fantastic to bring it in sync...

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Here is ProScan with everything setup and feeding my SDS200 thru my internal network to an ipad mini...
Zoomed in on the virtual scanner display...

IMG_0051.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.