Remote Head BC RH-96 no longer connects...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOf674

I just got finished updating the firmware on one of my remote heads and that went without incident. The second will no longer recognize anything connected to it (ie bcd996t, bcd396t or 396xt). I attempted to re install the firmware and the unit shows 2.0 version. After that I reset the head without success...i'm getting ready to box it up and ship back to uniden for repair... I also checked the port and the CChannel as listed in the update. Any other ideas? UPman? Please help...

Also my bcd396t speaker just quit, but if i rig it just right some sound comes out an external speaker....this will be the 4th time back at Uniden's repair shop for that model...

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I've been having a similar issue with my bcd396xt and my rh96...

My speaker went to Hell (i haven't sent it in yet) and when i am listening from my car, my RH keeps saying Disconnected, or else "wait a minute, Connecting" and will occasionally display what is actually being scanned. it is most problematic when i am scanning a trunked system. I still get it when im scanning conventional channels but very rarely.

Dewey

I've been having a similar issue with my bcd396xt and my rh96...

My speaker went to Hell (i haven't sent it in yet) and when i am listening from my car, my RH keeps saying Disconnected, or else "wait a minute, Connecting" and will occasionally display what is actually being scanned. it is most problematic when i am scanning a trunked system. I still get it when im scanning conventional channels but very rarely.

Are you sure that you have "Menu -> Settings -> Set C-CH Output" set to [Off]? Based on the description of your problem, you control channel output is turned on.

Dewey

Status
Not open for further replies.