Regards,Bill

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Uniden will make a remote head for the
BCD436HP like they did for my 396T

Regards,Bill
-
Based on Uniden's sales experience with those remote heads for older scanners, the chances are pretty much zero...
And, it took two years to sell out the first small production run. We made a few other small runs for ScannerMaster, but sales were dismal and never paid for development.
-

garys

Premium Subscriber
No one wanted them until Uniden stopped making them!

Rich Barnett of Scannermaster got Uniden to make a small batch from remaining parts. Those sold well, but when they were gone that was it.

There is that remote head made by Mancow and others, but part supplies are very tight now and I don't think they are making more until the chip shortage eases.

It's really too bad that Siren didn't work out although that was only for the 536HP.

I know nothing about writing Android apps, so I don't have any idea why no one has developed a hird party app to control the SDS and x36HP scanners.

-
Based on Uniden's sales experience with those remote heads for older scanners, the chances are pretty much zero...
-

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I don't have any idea why no one has developed a hird party app to control the SDS and x36HP scanners.
-
I wonder if that has to do with the fact that Proscan works so well for remote monitoring and control of those, as well as older Uniden scanners through a web browser on any smart phone or tablet. Doesn't seem like a dedicated app could provide any more functionality than what is already in place with Proscan.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not aware of a web based version of Proscan. Is it just remote monitoring and controlling?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm not aware of a web based version of Proscan. Is it just remote monitoring and controlling?
The Proscan software on your computer contains a web server that allows you to connect to your home scanner and listen, view, and control it from anywhere you have a cellular or WiFi connection and a browser.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. That's not been something I've been interested in doing. It would clearly work if I were traveling and in a hotel, but I don't think it would do what I need if it were connected to a scanner sitting in my truck. By which I mean using it as a remote head on an Android tablet. Maybe it would, but it seems a bit more complicated than what I would need.

The Proscan software on your computer contains a web server that allows you to connect to your home scanner and listen, view, and control it from anywhere you have a cellular or WiFi connection and a browser.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
No one wanted them until Uniden stopped making them!

I can attest to that. I bought 2 when they weren’t moving at $79 each, sold them both less than a year later for $129 each.