TRX-2: Remote Head Mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else use a temp mount (windshield suction mount) for their TRX-2 remote head? I currently use a windshield suction mount with a "Hair Clip" (grabber) that holds the remote head in place, but it's not as secure as I like. Has anyone used the vent mag mount? If they work better, I'm looking to get one instead (except I would put the mag mount head on the windshield mount). I don't have any room in my day vehicle to do a perm mount, also, I move it out into my POV at end of shift.

Thanks!

scottyhetzel

Does anyone else use a temp mount (windshield suction mount) for their TRX-2 remote head? I currently use a windshield suction mount with a "Hair Clip" (grabber) that holds the remote head in place, but it's not as secure as I like. Has anyone used the vent mag mount? If they work better, I'm looking to get one instead (except I would put the mag mount head on the windshield mount). I don't have any room in my day vehicle to do a perm mount, also, I move it out into my POV at end of shift.

Thanks!

Hi, Use a Ram mount...metal backing...it will stick. The suction cup is amazing...

DJ11DLN

I'll have to try one. I did, duh, finally notice that the remote head had the magnets in it!
The magnets work great, they are the rare-earth type and extremely strong. I don't have mine mobile (yet anyway) but the head from my WS-1098, which is identical to the TRX-2 head, is stuck to the door of my fridge at eye level. Scanner body is on top. It requires both hands to move it and the fridge door will open before it comes loose!:lol: So it really requires both hands and one knee to dislodge. I'd not worry about it jarring off of anything when mobile. The bracket that comes with it even has a couple of dimples for the magnets to recess into. I'd think that the vehicle would come apart before it would fall off of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.