Remote head

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yes it would I loved the old remote head for 996T and XT. It made mobile installs alot easier when you could hide the radio and just mount the remote head to your dash. Who knows maybe they can come up with one for the P2 series radios at least.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Uniden discontinued remote heads because nobody bought them.

But they make a 436 which has RF performance identical to the 536, and is about the same size as a remote head. And it has battery backup.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Yeah but what the 5:36 and you have a lot more features you can do a lot more with it so I would love if they would make the remote head and make it a limited edition and see if people will buy them I know I would I'd buy two of them I have two base units I have two vehicles I'm hoping that Paul will see this post

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Forget about it. He has answered this question many times.

The only features the 536 has that the 436 doesn't is the wi-fi streaming and scanner control, and a bigger case. Everything else, including RF performance, is identical.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The wi-fi - with which you are supposed to be able to link a phone or tablet - is intended to be the modern equivalent of a remote head.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a "de-commissioned" iPhone wtih the Siren app as a remote head for my 536. It "sort of" works okay, but some improvements are needed in the Siren app. The biggest beef is that I can't control the scanner's volume from the iPhone.

I'm sure Uniden was thinking a combination such as this would replace the remote head that was available for older scanners. It just hasn't worked out as good as hoped for.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I'm using a "de-commissioned" iPhone wtih the Siren app as a remote head for my 536. It "sort of" works okay, but some improvements are needed in the Siren app. The biggest beef is that I can't control the scanner's volume from the iPhone.

I'm sure Uniden was thinking a combination such as this would replace the remote head that was available for older scanners. It just hasn't worked out as good as hoped for.

Use an old android phone. The android version of SIREN will control the radios volume.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
We won't see a "real" remote head for the 536 simply because Uniden has invested a lot of time, money, and effort into getting Siren/WiFi working.

The only hope for a "real" remote head is for the next generation of "flagship" scanner. I'm hoping that Uniden has learned from the headaches the Siren app and WiFi dongle and has (or will) make the decision to make a base scanner with detachable head.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Uniden will go this route, but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.