• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

remote keying cdm 1250

Status
Not open for further replies.

brin831

hello all i have a question that i hope someone out there can answer without too much trouble ... i wanted to ask here before i went to soldering!!

I have a wired intercom station that i want to use to key a cdm1250. I have built various repeaters and am very familiar with the accy connector of the cdm's ... i would even try a vox setup but have never been too impressed with its reliability it never seems to work 100% of the time ...

so with that said here is directly from the manual of my intercom base station:

---
"There are internal pull-up resistors on the CH 3 and CH 4 key outputs. Pressing the CH 3 or CH 4
talk button will result in a logic high to low transition at the corresponding key output. (Logic
high is approximately 13 VDC; Logic low is less than 2 VDC.) There are no internal pull-up
resistors on the CH 1 and CH 2 key outputs. These outputs will “float” until externally loaded."
---

my question is can i with no harm to the radio wire either key outputs of any of the channels to the cor input of the radio pin 3 if i'm not mistaken i don't have the pinout in front of me ... and use this to key the radio when the channel talk buttons are depressed ??

---

second question -- i also have a xpr8300 trbo repeater used in analog mode at times ... can i use the same setup to key this repeater as well ??? because the install guide states 5v ptt input as pin 17 but i am warry of too much voltage applied to the circuit ??? i don't want to harm the radio ...

ok thanks guys

and i posted this over on batlabs as well so if i get an answer there i'll put here for anyone else who may have ever had a similar question Thanks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.