Remote Mode Keypad Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
I have purchased a Uniden BCT15X. I have come to the point where I need to download from the scanner. When I try though, the scanner says Remote Mode Keypad Lock.
Can anyone help? What did I do wrong? It's been in this Lock phase for 45 minutes and nothing is happening.

Last edited:

Blackink

I have purchased a Uniden BCT15X. I have come to the point where I need to download from the scanner. When I try though, the scanner says Remote Mode Keypad Lock.
Can anyone help? What did I do wrong? It's been in this Lock phase for 45 minutes and nothing is happening.

You might want to give more info so someone could help you better.

What software program are you using?

Are you trying to "download" from the scanner as you state, which is downloading all the frequencies you've programmed into the scanner and copying them into your software program on your computer?

Or are you trying to "upload" new frequencies that you've entered into a software program on your computer and now want to put in your scanner?

Are you using the supplied cable, the RS232 serial cable, that came with the scanner, or are you using a USB-1 cable?

As the other poster stated, I too get that same message but only when transferring information from my software program, FreeScan, into my scanner. But I only have about 100 frequencies so it takes about 15 seconds.

Let us know.....

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
Never heard that term, any chance it was Key Safe Mode?
Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

chris

Thank you for trying to help me. Yes, it does say that term on the scanner. I was going step by step as the directions in the manual directed (very hard for my husband and I to understand) but now after reading the other two answers to my question, I think the scanner needs my input of frequencys before it will go beyond the point I'm stuck on. Thanks again for your time.

MrsRodgers

Premium Subscriber
You might want to give more info so someone could help you better.

What software program are you using?

Are you trying to "download" from the scanner as you state, which is downloading all the frequencies you've programmed into the scanner and copying them into your software program on your computer?

Or are you trying to "upload" new frequencies that you've entered into a software program on your computer and now want to put in your scanner?

Are you using the supplied cable, the RS232 serial cable, that came with the scanner, or are you using a USB-1 cable?

As the other poster stated, I too get that same message but only when transferring information from my software program, FreeScan, into my scanner. But I only have about 100 frequencies so it takes about 15 seconds.

Let us know.....
. Thanks Steve for trying to help me. I'll try to answer your questions. The software is something my husband paid extra for and said he was told by the seller would make it easier for me to use and program the scanner with. It's a cd that says ARC-XT BASIC Software and also says BuTeL and ScannerMaster for Uniden XT series. But I don't have a manual that would go with the cd, just the one that came with the scanner. Your second question probably answered my question. I have not entered any frequencies on the computer yet.....the manual hadn't stated to do that yet, but since I'm so new to all this and maybe not understanding all the information, I'm pretty sure this is the problem, at least it makes more sense. Third question: I am using the USB-1 cable.that came with it. I have a question. In your reply to me you mentioned FreeScan. Can you tell me a little about that? Again, thank you so much Steve.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are referring to Key Safe Mode, the manual says to press and hold Function while turning the scanner on.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.