Remote Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerryman

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to setup a way to trigger our pagers remotely, ideally via e-mail/SMS/phone app.

Basically, I have an audio connection with the pre-recorded audio files, that connects to the base Motorola GM300, but I need a way, other than via radio, to be able to trigger those files.

The base station is not manned at night so we're looking at a way to be able to set off our pagers at night, from any location.

Thanks in advance for the help.

DC31

Feed Provider
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to setup a way to trigger our pagers remotely, ideally via e-mail/SMS/phone app.

Basically, I have an audio connection with the pre-recorded audio files, that connects to the base Motorola GM300, but I need a way, other than via radio, to be able to trigger those files.

The base station is not manned at night so we're looking at a way to be able to set off our pagers at night, from any location.

Thanks in advance for the help.

How do you trigger the "audio connection with pre-recorded audio files" now? Push a button somewhere?

If you have internet service at the station, it is relatively easy to set up a raspberry pi or equivalent to trigger a relay that could take the place of your button push. Then there are several different options for communicating with the pi. As a starter, google raspberry pi garage door opener. I think there are several examples out there showing how to open your door from your phone. You will probably find that there are about 1000 ways to skin this cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.