Remote receiver only sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

rftechnyc

Member without Bit-Error
Premium Subscriber
is there a point to this? most systems for PS tend to have at least 1 additional receiver...

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
I wasn't trying to make a point, I was asking a question for those with experience with receive only sites. I need some advice. This is a forum for all radio questions. If my question didn't tickle your fancy, you could have just moved on without the snotty comment.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
For UHF, the best type of antenna
Using a hard wire line or mircowave link, pros/cons

And I don't believe you need a license from the FCC, only transmitting equipment. Is that correct?

Thanks

rftechnyc

Member without Bit-Error
Premium Subscriber
For UHF, the best type of antenna
Using a hard wire line or mircowave link, pros/cons

And I don't believe you need a license from the FCC, only transmitting equipment. Is that correct?

Thanks

No snottiness intended it was just a very vague thing to say. The short answer is no you do not need an addendum to your license if you do not use RF to bring the RX audio back to the transmitter/comparator. However unless you already have some form of IP service at the locations the added monthly costs can be prohibitive versus just getting an additional link Freq added to your license. I happen to specialize in all the engineering/design of voted systems in your area so feel free to PM if this is something you'd like to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.