Remote reset of SDS200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Wondering if Uniden provided a remote reset command for the SDS200?

There's times when the SDS200 still thinks it has a connection up even though you've disconnected Siren. Any connect attempts with Siren or ProScan results in no audio.

I'd like to reset the scanner remotely to forcefully dump that connection.

I've thought of using a Wifi controlled plug but I run my scanner using 12v just in case of a power failure.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Does the SDS200 respond to the MSM command? If so, try sending protocol command MSM,5 with ProScan on the Tests & Extras screen. That should reboot the scanner (technically it puts it in mass storage mode, but only for 5 seconds, which basically just reboots it)

mule1075

Feed Provider
Does the SDS200 respond to the MSM command? If so, try sending protocol command MSM,5 with ProScan on the Tests & Extras screen. That should reboot the scanner (technically it puts it in mass storage mode, but only for 5 seconds, which basically just reboots it)
Just tried it to test. Worked just fine.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yup, it works. Fire up Siren on my iPhone, quit the app and I lose all audio.

Send the command using ProScan and I can login once again and get audio.

Now, how to send the command without having to use ProScan. I don't always have a laptop with me so SSH or Telnet access would be perfect.

WoodburyMan

Bump. My SDS200 has an issue like this. If I reboot the switch it's connected to, the device will *not* come back up. It will connect to the network, and I can ping it's static IP, but Virtual RS232 communication will not work via ProScan. Connection timeout.

I have sent MSM,5 command in the past for random odd behaviors to force a reset. In this case though the unit seems to require a full power off and on.

What's funny is I can still FTP into the scanner. Just no virtual com communication at all..

Status
Not open for further replies.