Remote Scanner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRFD-118

I Final received my USB to Serial cable but i can get it to work with the provided Bearcat scanner software?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's nowhere near enough information here. Which USB cable did you get? What software are you trying to use with it? Did you load the appropriate drivers? If it's the USB-1 you got, did you go to the Uniden TWiki site and download the drivers from the website listed there? (hint:Just click on the blue text, and that's where you will go). What OS are you using (Vista, XP, Win7, etc.)

73 Mike

Last edited:

BRFD-118

Sorry i was sort of in a hurry when i posted the first time. I have a USB to Serial (9 Pin) cable that i am trying to use with my laptop. I am right now just using the Bearcat software that came with the scanner. The cable came with some drivers but they didnt seem to work. Yes i visited the Uniden site but did not know where to go to get the proper drivers. I am running vista.

There's nowhere near enough information here. Which USB cable did you get? What software are you trying to use with it? Did you load the appropriate drivers? If it's the USB-1 you got, did you go to the Uniden TWiki site and download the drivers from the website listed there? (hint:Just click on the blue text, and that's where you will go). What OS are you using (Vista, XP, Win7, etc.)

73 Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
<sigh> Again, missing information. which USB cable are you trying to use? What software and scanner?

If you are trying to get the USB-1 to work, simply click on the blue text I set up in my original reply, then go down to the bottom to get the Prolific website where you can find the drivers. Remember you must load the drivers, then check to make sure the COM port is actually available. Drivers are kinda stupid - sometimes the software allocates a port that's already taken up by something else. This is discussed in the following article from our wiki...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm going to hazard a guess that you are trying to connect to a 296 or 796, since both scanners came with their own (virtually useless, from all accounts) software. The USB-1 isn't specified to be compatible with those 2 scanners - I don't know if it would work or not.

73 Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.