Remote Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka1njl

I've spent some time assembling a "remote shack" at our cottage on Lake Ontario and this is the current version. So far it consists of a Yaesu FTDX-10 for HF and 6M, an Icom IC-7000 for HF through 440MHz, a PiAware ADS-B receiver, a PRO 2051 dedicated to airband and a stack of scanners. In this image you can see a small monitor duplicating the display of the FTDX-10 and a 43" 4k display showing a information from number of interesting sites. Outside I have an end fed HF antenna, a discone for the scanners, a dedicated vertical for the air band, another dedicated vertical for ADS-B and a Diamond X50 for 2M and 440MHz. It's a nice place to have fun when I'm not at home.Remote shack.jpg

Attachments

• Remote shack.jpg
    Remote shack.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 26

ka1njl

Thank you both for the kind words. It's interesting that you both mention the walls. That shack is in an outbuilding I had built last year that serves as an office for my consulting work. The interior is very nice and there is a 6 foot sliding glass door that overlooks the lake. Not a bad place at all to work and a fun place to play radio.

xg100p

you wouldn't by chance wanna adopt a 45 year old son would ya? :) I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.