Remotely monitoring the Lake Nona area of Orlando

jgiercyk

Hello all,

I am in South Carolina where most of the Police/Fire/EMS traffic is simulcast on the Palmetto 800 (Project 25 Phase II) system. I can monitor just about anywhere in SC and NC with my SDS200 and SDS100 (unlocked for DMR/NXDN/ProVoice). My father lives in the Lake Nona area of Orlando and it would be nice to have the ability to monitor remotely either just for fun or during a hurricane or other natural disaster. Is there a similar simulcast system that would allow me to do this? I see a lot of information on the area, but I am not as well versed in the technology as I would like to be, and I also don't know where he would be with respect to to north/south/east/west patrol designations. Any help would be appreciated.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Orange County you won't hear any PD on SLERS State system or any PD on the orange p25 system all PD is ENC. F/R is open. There might be a hurricane next week coming through depend which way it goes. Stay away from i-4 if possible traffic is a mess east & west. Here is the whole county listing for orange DB

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
as Bravo said you wont hear ANY Law except for Seminole which is in the clear, all OC Law agencies as well as Osceola and Lake are encrypted
Fire in Lake is also encrypted

RFI-EMI-GUY

as Bravo said you wont hear ANY Law except for Seminole which is in the clear, all OC Law agencies as well as Osceola and Lake are encrypted
Fire in Lake is also encrypted
Sometimes the intercity VHF mutual aids from Orange County will broadcast BOLO's and other messages in the clear, to agencies outside Orange County.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Load the vhf 155.370 154.950 460.275 854.6375 for LEO Mutual Aid. Osceola County F/R not sure what system they are on. If you are able to hear Lakeland 800 Phase ll System you won't hear the LkLD PD it is ENC everything is open on that system. Polk 800 Phase l is all open.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi jgiercyj,

In addition to the above frequencies, here are some law enforcement talkgroups on the Orange County system that are not encrypted:

221 SHF-HAIL/TRAF* Sheriff Hailing (used for Orange County units to hail SO
291 P.S.A.P. (Inter-Agency coordination)
319 ORG-LE used for misc operations
367 METRO 1
369 METRO 2
371 METRO 3
372 METRO 4
375 METRO 5
377 METRO 6
379 METRO 7
381 METRO 8
1081 DETAIL 1 used by SWAT, unencrypted because Fire-Rescue acompanies SWAT on jobs

Hello all,

I am in South Carolina where most of the Police/Fire/EMS traffic is simulcast on the Palmetto 800 (Project 25 Phase II) system. I can monitor just about anywhere in SC and NC with my SDS200 and SDS100 (unlocked for DMR/NXDN/ProVoice). My father lives in the Lake Nona area of Orlando and it would be nice to have the ability to monitor remotely either just for fun or during a hurricane or other natural disaster. Is there a similar simulcast system that would allow me to do this? I see a lot of information on the area, but I am not as well versed in the technology as I would like to be, and I also don't know where he would be with respect to to north/south/east/west patrol designations. Any help would be appreciated.