Remove Preloaded database from 325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden 325P2 for my main handheld scanner. Along with regular scanning, I use it to discover new systems and other general searching. I have found an issue with it regarding what I believe is the Uniden Preprogrammed Database information.
I have a Custom search set up to search 851-861MHZ. I have the Control Channel Only turned on. When I get a hit on a Motorola CC for the local State Police, I expect to see is the SYS ID, 4B16, and the site number. Instead I get "CONNECTICUT SP", which, if I recall, is the System name that was preprogrammed into the firmware of the earlier x96 line of scanners.

However, with those scanners, you could do the 2, 9, HOLD, and power on the radio to clear everything and there would be a message asking if you want to restore this preloaded database. I tried that with the 325P2 and no luck, the issue still crops up.

I would like to either remove or shut off this preloaded database.

I tried several searches here and other sites but nothing comes across about it.

There is nothing in my personal database that matches, I use "CSP" in all my files.

The 996P2 has the same problem (as one might expect).

chris

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Preloaded database? Neither of my 996p2s or my 325p2 had anything preloaded...

marksmith

Using Freescan, can't you read the radio to the software, delete what you don't want, then rewrite to the radio using the delete everything on radio first option?

As I recall, these were a bunch of systems with quick keys assigned to them in the 396xt.

Can't honestly say I remember them in the 325 or 996 p2 but if they were there, they were gone the first time I wrote my data to the radio, always using the erase all on radio first option.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

marksmith

I think there might also be a database of system ID stuff, that's pretty old, and out of date.

If that is what you are referring to, then not sure. I never consider what that database comes up with because it's way out of date. Remember it from 996/396 era. Did not know it was in the 325.

cg

Premium Subscriber
They are not visible anywhere. I do the 2, 9, HOLD, Power On and completely purge the radio of the programmed memory. I then set up a Custom Search that covers 851.0000 to 862.0000. I then turn on the custom search and let it run. When I get to 853.6125, it stops and shows "CONNECTICUT SP" instead of 4B16, Site 4.
If I download the radio via ProScan, there is nothing that is in the program after downloading.

chris

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I suppose that Uniden might be able to remove those system aliases via a firmware update, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll ever happen.

A more serious issue is that the latest round of firmware updates for these scanners screwed up CC-Only search mode for Motorola Type II systems, so the scanner won't even recognize them when they come upon on a control channel. :roll:

marksmith

I suppose that Uniden might be able to remove those system aliases via a firmware update, but I wouldn't hold my breath that it'll ever happen.

A more serious issue is that the latest round of firmware updates for these scanners screwed up CC-Only search mode for Motorola Type II systems, so the scanner won't even recognize them when they come upon on a control channel. :roll:
Great testing. They were apparently so engrossed in getting cc-only to work for DMR, they wrecked it for Motorola Type II.

Gonna wait till they fix the bugs they added before using this upgrade.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I think there might also be a database of system ID stuff, that's pretty old, and out of date.

If that is what you are referring to, then not sure. I never consider what that database comes up with because it's way out of date. Remember it from 996/396 era. Did not know it was in the 325.

They stopped using that PRELOAD DB after the XT series the P2 series does NOT have any programming at all when NEW.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
They stopped using that PRELOAD DB after the XT series the P2 series does NOT have any programming at all when NEW.

Really? You sure about that? Because I have a whole batch of brand new 996P2's that prove otherwise. They all still display those old Motorola Type II system aliases whenever they stop on a 3600 control channel in C-Ch Only search mode.

wtp

my 396T.

was bought in 2007.
i traveled quite a bit.
i would just search 866 to 869, before rebanding.
i would see many county names on CC only search.
and a few of the number/letter system names.
i was told this was because of the "hidden" database.
the last time my radio was hooked up to any computer was 2012 to save all to freescan.
i had already reset the radio and wiped out the database.
so how does it know about the new control channels such as desoto florida that has a new control channel of 855.5625 that i added in 1/25/2015 which said and still says DESOTO COUNTY.
since that frequency was not even a voice channel, how would the radio get the information ?
could it be that the tower transmits this ?
and for my own county it just shows SID 582Ah.
and that county is in my radio as CCSO.
and sarasota county is P-25 and shows up as Sarasota County.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
so how does it know about the new control channels such as desoto florida that has a new control channel of 855.5625 that i added in 1/25/2015 which said and still says DESOTO COUNTY.
since that frequency was not even a voice channel, how would the radio get the information ?
could it be that the tower transmits this ?

Because it's the same System ID, the frequency doesn't matter. The scanner sees the System ID, which matches something in that hard-coded database, and that's the alias it displays.

wtp

so

somewhere in the radio is a list of the country's systems that says if system is 582a then display charlotte.
and if it is not in there then display the system number ?

and to answer the OP, it will never stop. kind of in the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.