Removing attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommRX

How do I remove two photos from a two year old "for sale" post which are stored in my "attachments"? There is no radio button on the right to select, so I cannot delete these items. I appreciate the forums, and want to consume as little storage space as possible, but I cannot get rid of these old photos.

Highpockets

How do I remove two photos from a two year old "for sale" post which are stored in my "attachments"? There is no radio button on the right to select, so I cannot delete these items. I appreciate the forums, and want to consume as little storage space as possible, but I cannot get rid of these old photos.

Try going into your USER CP, on the left at the bottom, Attachments, I think you can delete them from in there.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
PM a moderator with a URL and they'll remove them. There's no other way since posts are no longer editable after the timed period.

Highpockets

PM a moderator with a URL and they'll remove them. There's no other way since posts are no longer editable after the timed period.

I just deleted 4 attachments, one photo, and three zip files from my user cp, attachments menu. Are you saying they are still there even though I deleted them?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I just deleted 4 attachments, one photo, and three zip files from my user cp, attachments menu. Are you saying they are still there even though I deleted them?
No, Wayne just forgot that there was an entire "attachments" management component for the forums available to all users. Sometimes when looking at the forums from with a moderator view (which is different than a users) you forget what is available to everyone as opposed to what is available to us.

Highpockets

No, Wayne just forgot that there was an entire "attachments" management component for the forums available to all users. Sometimes when looking at the forums from with a moderator view (which is different than a users) you forget what is available to everyone as opposed to what is available to us.

Wow! :D We actually have something better then you guys, you made my day, Lou! And some users don't want to pay to be a member here, go figure. :D Thanks!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Wow! :D We actually have something better then you guys, you made my day, Lou! And some users don't want to pay to be a member here, go figure. :D Thanks!
Not better, just the same. I had to go and check on it myself before I posted that last comment. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.