BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Removing Fire tones with Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2IRT

Hello all,
How do I implement changes to the Tone out list using Freescan on the 996xt? There are multiple agencies on the local dispatch VHF channel, and I put them all in once I found the tones. Now I no longer want any of them to alert, except two FDs.

I have edited the .996 file to remove the unwanted entries and have done an upload, but they're still in the scanner. Furthermore, I can't find an option to delete unwanted fire tones within the scanner's own interface.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here? Should be simple enough. About all I can do is edit the unwanted entries in the tone-out list to an invalid frequency, which is the next step if I can't do it the right way.

Thanks in advance.

captclint

Mentor
It is my understanding that 10 slots are always available for FTO, and can't be "deleted". Normally, the scanner monitors only the channel you select. However, if any tone-out channels share the same frequency, modulator, and attenuator settings, the scanner checks these channels simultaneously. As you suggest, I believe all you need to do is change the frequencies of the other 8 to anything but the two you want to monitor.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When you uploaded to the scanner, did you check the box "send custom radio settings"

You could always erase what's in the 8 you don't want and set the freqs for 0.00000

W2IRT

You could always erase what's in the 8 you don't want and set the freqs for 0.00000

Well that's just it, I can't. I've changed them in Freescan to exactly that (0.00000, no tones, etc). That replacement data is NOT getting uploaded. I have changed the RF frequency using the front panel interface to something in the 2m ham band and that's stopped the unwanted alerts, but I would actually like to remove the unwanted entries from the scanner's tone-out list.

Status
Not open for further replies.