Removing objects in ARC500 scanlists

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks... I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my ARC500 software as it originally did not download properly when I purchased it a few months ago.

I can't seem to remove objects in a scanlist.

I've tried everything I can think of, short of starting completely over.

In one particular scanlist, I'm trying to remove talkgroups that went to the wrong/conventional list. I've tried highlighting the talkgroups and deleting, and also the "cut/paste" option in the edit menu but they still remain.

Any ideas? Much appreciation...

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I've tried that. It doesn't do anything.

I can't see what it is I would be doing wrong.

I go to the scanlist, highlight all the objects I want removed, go to edit, select delete and it does nothing. All the objects stay highlighted in the same list.

I can only assume there is something wrong with the software. As I said, I had an issue with it from the beginning. I had to uninstall and re-install twice, I believe, to get it to update and start working.

It appears I've wasted the money on this software purchase. :(

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've tried that. It doesn't do anything.

I can't see what it is I would be doing wrong.

I go to the scanlist, highlight all the objects I want removed, go to edit, select delete and it does nothing. All the objects stay highlighted in the same list.

I can only assume there is something wrong with the software. As I said, I had an issue with it from the beginning. I had to uninstall and re-install twice, I believe, to get it to update and start working.

It appears I've wasted the money on this software purchase. :(

I'm sure others will agree, there is nothing wrong with the software.... both methods work....... using the delete key after highlighting one or more choices for deleting, or using the delete command from the menu.

Obviously, if it were an ARC500 problem, there would be many, many reports of it in these forums.... but yours is the first report with that problem, and the software has been out for a considerable length of time.

Can you try another computer?

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure others will agree, there is nothing wrong with the software.... both methods work....... using the delete key after highlighting one or more choices for deleting, or using the delete command from the menu.

Obviously, if it were an ARC500 problem, there would be many, many reports of it in these forums.... but yours is the first report with that problem, and the software has been out for a considerable length of time.

Can you try another computer?

I cannot try another one.

Well, by software problem, I suppose I did mean that it wouldn't work properly on my computer for some reason.

As I said, I had an issue with it downloading correctly from the beginning.

Thank you for the input though.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
The only problem...

You need to delete the objects from the Objects browser first, delete will not work in the scanlist preview mode.

Gommert
Butel Software

Won't the objects be deleted from everything? Which means I have to go back and import again?

Not a big deal I suppose but that doesn't seem to be a good way to do it.

The other replies are seeming to imply that I can do this from the scanlist, or they didn't see what I wrote/explained...

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Just tried the object browser method

And I was pretty sure I did before, but they still won't delete.

I guess I will have to do another re-install and start all over anyway... :(

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
And I was pretty sure I did before, but they still won't delete.

I guess I will have to do another re-install and start all over anyway... :(

If you're just trying to put the object in another scanlist rather than delete it, just double click on the "scanlists" box (in the object browser window) for that object and select a different scanlist.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
You cannot delete objects using the delete function from scanlists. You assign scanlists on the "Object Browser" screen. Then you find the talkgroup(s) you want to change and move over the the third column that says Scanlist. Double click on it and change the scanlist.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
If you're just trying to put the object in another scanlist rather than delete it, just double click on the "scanlists" box (in the object browser window) for that object and select a different scanlist.

No, not the problem. I accidently put a set of trunking talkgroups into one of my conventional systems and I'm trying to remove them.

I already have them in the correct scanlist.

My computer apparently doesn't like this software. :(

I'm able to run every other software for all my scanners without any issues. Well, as far as everything working properly, that is. ;)

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Dave

You cannot delete objects using the delete function from scanlists. You assign scanlists on the "Object Browser" screen. Then you find the talkgroup(s) you want to change and move over the the third column that says Scanlist. Double click on it and change the scanlist.

That was the info I needed. :)
Although I'm not certain it was exactly the way you described it I got it to work. I will explain it if need be.

This does not seem to be a "user-friendly" program I'm sorry to say.

The fact that you need to go through that kind of process to remove or re-assign objects etc., is a little bewildering and unnecessary.

But what do I know...? ;)

I appreciate all the help though fellas.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Thats the way the scanner works, you program an object and to scan it you need to assign it to one or more scanlists. To remove an object from a scanlist you need to edit the data in the scanlists columns.

Gommert
Butel Software

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thats the way the scanner works, you program an object and to scan it you need to assign it to one or more scanlists. To remove an object from a scanlist you need to edit the data in the scanlists columns.

Gommert
Butel Software

Understood.

However, I find it much easier to delete/remove or otherwise edit in the other programs I use.

As stated previously, I had problems with it working properly right from the beginning so I was leery of spending too much time with it when I had other software that performed just fine.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
That was the info I needed. :)
Although I'm not certain it was exactly the way you described it I got it to work. I will explain it if need be.

This does not seem to be a "user-friendly" program I'm sorry to say.

The fact that you need to go through that kind of process to remove or re-assign objects etc., is a little bewildering and unnecessary.

But what do I know...? ;)

I appreciate all the help though fellas.

The good thing is you got it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.