Remtronix 800MHz antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbluff1099

Anyone try this antenna? Trying to find a good flexible whip antenna for the BT that also comes with sma connector. The Remtronix gets great reviews on the Uniden SDS100.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure it works fine on the SDS units
I'm using it on my TRX-1 traveling through Houston Texas right now it does a fair job on the TXWARN sites here there are quite a few. I didn't bring my mobile 5db gain 700 800MHz antenna this trip which works way better. But in a fixed location or walking around the Remtronix antenna is the best for scanners for 700 800MHz because of it's high gain
You can't go wrong with it

redbluff1099

Sorry not trying to do anything on Bluetooth. Just trying to find an antenna for P25 reception that is flexible like a rubber duck antenna

radio3353

I use the Remtronix with SMA connector on my P25RX and it works very well. Better than the 850MHz Helical antenna the P25RX ships with.
Actually, the supplied telescopic antenna extended to 12" always worked better for me than the Helical. That was quite unexpected.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Trying to find a good flexible whip antenna for the BT that also comes with sma connector.
Bluetooth is in the 2.4 gig range. You need an antenna for that range.

Pretty sure the BT he is referring to is a Blue Tail radio since this is the Blue Tail Technologies forum.

I use a Remtronix 800mhz antenna and I am happy with it. Bought a few when radio shack was closing.

djbisme

Premium Subscriber
Anyone try this antenna? Trying to find a good flexible whip antenna for the BT that also comes with sma connector. The Remtronix gets great reviews on the Uniden SDS100.
I'm using it on my P25RX with a right-angle SMA connector and it works well. However, I'm pretty close to the main tower in my area, so haven't tested it in a fringe area yet.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I have one, I find it doesn't work all that well. My unit is really finicky inside. I wonder if it is an isolated issue with my unit

Status
Not open for further replies.