Remtronix the Way to go for Portable Handheld Antenna Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinbluebbq

Feed Provider
For portable handheld operations is the Remtronix 700/800/900mhz antenna really the best upgraded antenna? I have a BCD325P2 and it has the standard rubber ducky on it. I have other antennas for when it is home but want to maximize the reception when I am portable. I hear people talk about the Remtronix all the time and just wanted to make sure it is worth it or if there is another one I should be getting. Thanks!

DJ11DLN

I'll add another vote for the Remtronix 800. I have several of them (I stocked up when RS was on the rocks) and other than the very first one I ever bought having some kind of internal defect, they've all been great on 800. They work fairly well on UHF as well though not so great on VHF-Hi. Which one would expect for a 7/8/900 MHz antenna.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you're listening to 800MHz, they're the best antenna I've tested. But for UHF it's only OK, and VHF, it's crap. The Diamond RH77CA is far better:

RH77CA_Remtronix800.png

Lower is better performance, dark trace is the Remtronix, the light one is the Diamond.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If you're listening to 800MHz, they're the best antenna I've tested. But for UHF it's only OK, and VHF, it's crap. The Diamond RH77CA is far better:

Lower is better performance, dark trace is the Remtronix, the light one is the Diamond.
Interesting. The RS version I had worked decently on VHF, on my PSR-500. Obviously, it was not as good as a VHF antenna, but covered the 150MHz public safety stuff I wanted.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber

This analysis is really useful. I actually listen most commonly to a system that sits in the 769-771mhz range... where that sits on here sort of suggests to me that the Remtronix 800mhz antenna may not be the best for that spot?

Bob1955

For portable handheld operations is the Remtronix 700/800/900mhz antenna really the best upgraded antenna? I have a BCD325P2 and it has the standard rubber ducky on it. I have other antennas for when it is home but want to maximize the reception when I am portable. I hear people talk about the Remtronix all the time and just wanted to make sure it is worth it or if there is another one I should be getting. Thanks!
Yes but for 25-912Mhz it would be the Diamond RH-77CA(15") rubber duck-BEST with BNC thread(Also available with a SMA ) or the Remtronx brands from Bearcat Warehouse in Maryland.
Stay safe.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Interesting. The RS version I had worked decently on VHF, on my PSR-500. Obviously, it was not as good as a VHF antenna, but covered the 150MHz public safety stuff I wanted.
Anything can be an antenna if the signal is strong enough.

This analysis is really useful. I actually listen most commonly to a system that sits in the 769-771mhz range... where that sits on here sort of suggests to me that the Remtronix 800mhz antenna may not be the best for that spot?
The Remtronix is better in that area. Lower on the chart is better performance. The Remtronix is better 250-400MHz, and above 550MHz. Below 250MHz, and 400-550MHz, the RH77CA is better.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I swept my RadioShack 800 today and the plot is very similar to the Remtronix. I’m going to give a go on some mil air stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.