Renaming favorites list in Sentinel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I know better than to try an program my 536 when I'm tired, but I'm going on a trip in the morning and am trying to get this done tonight. I'm sure the answer is as plain as the nose on my face, but I can't can't seem to find it, so I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

When I set up favorites lists, I like to include a number in the list title that corresponds to the quick key number I have assigned to that list. Kind of puts me in my of the days when scanners used banks instead of lists. Yeah, I'm kind of old school. Anyway, I need to change the number in the name of the list from 16 to 17, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work. Here's a pic of what I've got in Sentinel....

I've got the system name changed, but I'm "this close" to banging my head on the desk because I can't get it figured out for the list name. I know it's going to be something so simple it will be a "D'oh!!" moment when I see the answer.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP Renaming favorites list in Sentinel question

I know better than to try an program my 536 when I'm tired, but I'm going on a trip in the morning and am trying to get this done tonight. I'm sure the answer is as plain as the nose on my face, but I can't can't seem to find it, so I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

When I set up favorites lists, I like to include a number in the list title that corresponds to the quick key number I have assigned to that list. Kind of puts me in my of the days when scanners used banks instead of lists. Yeah, I'm kind of old school. Anyway, I need to change the number in the name of the list from 16 to 17, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it to work. Here's a pic of what I've got in Sentinel....

I've got the system name changed, but I'm "this close" to banging my head on the desk because I can't get it figured out for the list name. I know it's going to be something so simple it will be a "D'oh!!" moment when I see the answer.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Highlight your favorite name you would like to change, then point and click on the a{e icon located directly below the 'save' disk icon.

N6RDC

I'm not aure I inderstand but if you want to edit the 16 to 17 then you need that on the right side,
try to click up one level on Favorite Lists and they should be displayed on the right, then double click in the cell on the right and edit, hope this is what you need,
good luck

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Highlight your favorite name you would like to change, then point and click on the a{e icon located directly below the 'save' disk icon.

Yeah, I knew it would be something extremely simple that I was overlooking. Definitely D'oh!! on my part.

Thank you signal500, I definitely appreciate the information and quick reply.

:)

Last edited:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
BCD536HP Renaming favorites list in Sentinel question

Yeah, I knew it would be something extremely simple that I was overlooking. Definitely D'oh!! on my part.

Thank you sigal500, I definitely appreciate the information and quick reply.

:)

Your welcome. By the way, great looking shack! I like the new layout.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.