Rennselaer County P25 Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

truckie36

Feed Provider
Recently I have been hearing radio repair testing police units and these police radios now have extremely higher volume than all of the other radios on the system. Fire, EMS and Dispatch are all at the same volume that they have always been at. On my G4 at 35% volume the police units sound like about 85% volume. On my SDS200 police units are louder and a little distorted. Anybody have contact with their radio system that can let them know about the inconsistency in volume? When the radio tests were done, the dispatchers just answered loud and clear.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
I Have Noticed The Same Thing . The Dispatcher Talks At A Reasonable Volume Then The Sheriff Unit Responds At A Volume Level Three Times Higher. I Wish there Was A Way To Fix This . But Like You Said It Has To Do With The Radio System.

kmontano

Keep in mind the police talkgroups are all still patched to their conventional P25/analog counterparts. I don’t believe any PD units are natively operating on the system based on the UIDs I’m seeing. So this may have something to do with the volume issue.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
I know EGPD is using the system as primary and vhf as backup/secondary. also pd unit testing will be on going for the better part of the spring/ summer. i believe that they are programing and installing into majority of the outlying police agencies and other county enities.

kmontano

I know EGPD is using the system as primary and vhf as backup/secondary. also pd unit testing will be on going for the better part of the spring/ summer. i believe that they are programing and installing into majority of the outlying police agencies and other county enities.

Interesting, thanks for the insight on East Greenbush. I’ll have to pay closer attention to the UIDs. I could have sworn all the transmissions had the same ID which would indicate a patch with traffic originating on VHF.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
Interesting, thanks for the insight on East Greenbush. I’ll have to pay closer attention to the UIDs. I could have sworn all the transmissions had the same ID which would indicate a patch with traffic originating on VHF.
ill look again could be a patch but i could have sworn to seen diffrent uids on that tg

vikingegfd

Premium Subscriber
East Greenbush is having coverage issues in the hills with the county trunked 800 system, so they will stay on the old 800 band frequency and simulcast on the old 154.995 frequency and the new 800 trunked system. Expect continued testing.

NuthinFancy

Premium Subscriber
Receiving East Greenbush Police and Fire Dispatch Loud and clear from my location in Speigletown on the county P25 System

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I was monitoring East Greenbush last night from Glenmont and noted that the mobile was far louder than dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.