Reno International Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrylittle

Anyone scanning the reno international airport? Wondering what area your scanning from and if your getting it ok? Thank you.

Deepsky

I listen to it every day. I get great reception for ground control for about a mile out, then it slowly goes down hill. I have no problems with any of the other approach / departure freqs. Matter of fact I live in Cold Springs and hear them just fine. Reno is a military layover airport so there are lots of them coming and going. If you listen to the ARTCC's you will get hits from planes going and coming from NAS Fallon (Top Gun), Nellis AFB (Red Flag) Travis AFB, Beale AFB and many others. I just got my eighty fifth milair hit yesterday. This is a great area to monitor civil and milair activity!

I am willing to help in any way!
Anthony

Last edited:

jerrylittle

hello

Deepsky said:
I listen to it every day. I get great reception for ground control for about a mile out, then it slowly goes down hill. I have no problems with any of the other approach / departure freqs. Matter of fact I live in Cold Springs and hear them just fine. Reno is a military layover airport so there are lots of them coming and going. If you listen to the ARTCC's you will get hits from planes going and coming from NAS Fallon (Top Gun), Nellis AFB (Red Flag) Travis AFB, Beale AFB and many others. I just got my eighty fifth milair hit yesterday. This is a great area to monitor civil and milair activity!

I am willing to help in any way!
Anthony
I live in Cold Springs as well. If you want some freqs that I got I can email them to you if you like. You might like them.

NWtoSFO

I was in Sparks this weekend and got the airport perfectly. I was on the 9th floor of the Nugget, so that probably helped a tad bit ;) . On Thursday I programmed in the EDACS system for the Reno area. First time I've tried an EDACS system, but it worked just fine. In fact, I didn't even need an antenna with my Pro-97. I was switching antennas at one point to see if my other would pick up anything better, and I still received transmissions just fine between the switch. So, I put the antennas away and just kept the scanner on the desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.