Reno REMSA Callsigns

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Hello, if you use Pulse Point or have a scanner, you may be wondering what some of the REMSA callsigns mean, I was, so I called and asked, here's what I now know.

1C## - A standard ALS ambulance staffed with 3-4 personell
1I## - An ILS unit staffed with 2-3 units for handeling lower priority or ILS calls
1P## - A ALS unit that specalises in running call to call and getting "AMA's" (Agenst Medical Advice)
1S## - A paramedic supervisor, they supervise, and are paramedic trained to take care of any death reports, and do standard paramedic work
1Z## - A stand alone paramedic, in some places known as a fly car.

1K## - A newer unit to REMSA, a wildland crew, consisting of wildland firefighters, and paramedics. It's unknown much info about them....

REMSA does change their callsigns frequently depending on many reasons.
Hope this kinda helped...

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Hello, if you use Pulse Point or have a scanner, you may be wondering what some of the REMSA callsigns mean, I was, so I called and asked, here's what I now know.

1C## - A standard ALS ambulance staffed with 3-4 personell
1I## - An ILS unit staffed with 2-3 units for handeling lower priority or ILS calls
1P## - A ALS unit that specalises in running call to call and getting "AMA's" (Agenst Medical Advice)
1S## - A paramedic supervisor, they supervise, and are paramedic trained to take care of any death reports, and do standard paramedic work
1Z## - A stand alone paramedic, in some places known as a fly car.

1K## - A newer unit to REMSA, a wildland crew, consisting of wildland firefighters, and paramedics. It's unknown much info about them....

REMSA does change their callsigns frequently depending on many reasons.
Hope this kinda helped...

This is the first time I've seen the term "ILS." I suspected it meant "intermediate" and I was correct. I guess REMSA does not run BLS units. I was once a BLS EMT, taking the training in 1979. I helped staff a volunteer fire department ambulance. I'm going to read up on what ILS means, procedure by procedure.

Thanks for this info, might I suggest someone adds it to the RR wiki?

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
This is the first time I've seen the term "ILS." I suspected it meant "intermediate" and I was correct. I guess REMSA does not run BLS units. I was once a BLS EMT, taking the training in 1979. I helped staff a volunteer fire department ambulance. I'm going to read up on what ILS means, procedure by procedure.

Thanks for this info, might I suggest someone adds it to the RR wiki?
Yea, REMSA doesn't do any BLS only Intermediate and Advance, as to why I am clueless but it's kinda cool info to have.

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Update on this:
A6## - A standard ALS ambulance staffed with 3-4 personell
I6## - An ILS unit staffed with 2-3 units for handeling lower priority or ILS calls
P6## - A ALS unit that specalises in running call to call and getting "AMA's" (Agenst Medical Advice)
B6## - A BLS unit mainly used for transports (This I'm not 100% sure of)
C650 - Careflights transport unit (staffed like a careflight unit but in an ambulance)
S6## - A paramedic supervisor, they supervise, and are paramedic trained to take care of any death reports, and do standard paramedic work
CP## - A stand alone paramedic, in some places known as a fly car.
---Other---
TE## - Truckee Meadows Fire Rescue Fire, Engine
TM## - TMFR, Medic unit, they currently have 3 in service and more to come
PLM## - Pyramid Lake F&R Medic (I think 80-83)
PME## -Pyramid Lake F&R Engine (E80, and I think 81)

Smokey4176

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I live in Winnemucca and we have HGH Air One based here. I have been trying for months to hear them, I have all the REMSA frequency's downloaded from RR. Any one have anything on them?

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I live in Winnemucca and we have HGH Air One based here. I have been trying for months to hear them, I have all the REMSA frequency's downloaded from RR. Any one have anything on them?
Hey, I'll check tonight or tomorrow and see what I can find. Have you heard care-flight dispatched? Care flight and medx are 2 different companies so I'll look later

DTservice

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard any traffic in Winnemucca on the 80 frequency's I have programed in.
Hey sorry for the late reply, I haven't found anything at all on this, I'm a really amature person when it comes to this so I'm not the best at helping. Sorry about that.

firephoto29

WRVL541
There is no repeaters for REMSA stuff that far out, but I can take a look at some licenses and see if there is anything out there. Although, it may be via page or call at this point then the helicopter just uses the radio for ground contact at the LZ.

Smokey4176

Premium Subscriber
OK. I don't even hear them when the helicopter arrives at the scene. I can see it if they don't talk to anyone on the ground during landing and takeoffs. But I do know they are in contact with someone at all times at an LZ.
And yes, I have been very close to the action to try and get there frequency.

firephoto29

WRVL541
OK. I don't even hear them when the helicopter arrives at the scene. I can see it if they don't talk to anyone on the ground during landing and takeoffs. But I do know they are in contact with someone at all times at an LZ.
And yes, I have been very close to the action to try and get there frequency.
If that situation arises again I would recommend monitoring NEVCORD. Smaller counties usually use that or VFIRE frequencies as their air to ground on medicals.