BC780XLT: Repair issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I have two BC780XLT that i took out of storage where they were since about 2012. When I connected them separately to a power supply (12v). Smoke come out of the left side in the back. I pulled the power immediately. Not fast enough for one where a 2200 uf cap (the biggest size on the board) blew out. The other had L22 burnt out. Afterwards I had no display (did light up) or noise out of the speaker of either unit

A friend who maintains radio in his real life. replaced the blown cap. It powered up but nothing on the display and no sound.

He wanted to know there are any service manuals or circuit diagrams available. I have done some searching on the net, but have not found anything yet.

LesWurk

Some where on the www there is a display fix that involes a resistor and capacitor. Can not find the fix at this time. You might try running the 780 under computer control which will work if its a simply a display problem. Follow owner manual steps to reset and set it to pc control.

Your problem might be a lot more complex than these fixes since you say they were in storage.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Uniden does not make schematics publicly available.

Status
Not open for further replies.