Repair job

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobiest

A few years ago I wanted to not run out of these battery holders and ordered a couple more. They get a lot of use and a couple had problems and didnt work so I fixed them. The black one has a new top added and repair is around five years ago. The yellow one is used often but only for several months. 20200223_091025.jpg

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Okay, so what is the story behind the way these look? Did you drop them, or leave them sitting in direct sunlight for hours or days? While mine do not look new, they look close to new.

I should note that I do swap the batteries reasonably often for the scanner in the vehicle, so they holders do see use.

Last edited:

a417

that has the "battery holder has fallen out several times due to lack of battery door" look to them.

noobiest

The radio had a problem with the AC plug not making a good contact when fairly new. I tried to bend the contact inside, which is the problem, but couldn't do it from the outside and couldn't get the radio apart, at least the half I needed. The radio has been on nothing but battery power for 8 yrs or so, maybe more, and all day. I have the door saved and use elastic bands and, except for the junk rubber, have had no drops or problems. Until now with the new rebanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.