Repair Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyblues

About 5 weeks ago I sent 3 scanners to Texas for repair, they returned back to me today.
396XT sent out for a blown speaker, faulty power supply and if possible replace the broken case (where I had dropped it) Speaker replaced, sounds good. Power issue resolved OK. They replaced the entire case and keypad.
436, Sent out for a blown speaker and to replace/repair the clock issue. Speaker replaced, sounds good, keypad and screen replaced, clock issue appears to be resolved,
Homepatrol 1 sent in because I attempted to clean the screen with window cleaner (lesson learned) Key Pad replaced A-OK
So for the price of three repair jobs I have three brand new scanners.
Three Cheers to the Uniden Repair department for a job well done, Thank you

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
On the 436, I just found out that I had to re-enter the key code for both the DMR and the Provoice upgrades.

Yes, that is expected (and posted previously) on the 436 because of the entire PCB being replaced during the repair.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
About 5 weeks ago I sent 3 scanners to Texas for repair, they returned back to me today.
396XT sent out for a blown speaker, faulty power supply and if possible replace the broken case (where I had dropped it) Speaker replaced, sounds good. Power issue resolved OK. They replaced the entire case and keypad.
436, Sent out for a blown speaker and to replace/repair the clock issue. Speaker replaced, sounds good, keypad and screen replaced, clock issue appears to be resolved,
Homepatrol 1 sent in because I attempted to clean the screen with window cleaner (lesson learned) Key Pad replaced A-OK
So for the price of three repair jobs I have three brand new scanners.
Three Cheers to the Uniden Repair department for a job well done, Thank you

Not to drag up an old thread.. but.. what was the repair cost? The website isn't exactly clear and I have a HP2 I need to send in for repair along with my 536.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Good info, thanks. They have $69.95 on the website but it seemed related to repairs on other brands.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Good info, thanks. They have $69.95 on the website but it seemed related to repairs on other brands.

If your scanners are not still under warranty...... The Uniden Repair website quotes $79.95 flat rate repair charge plus shipping for either the Homepatrol 1 or 2, as well as the BCD536HP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.