• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Repeater Input/Output Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I'm not sure where this goes, Feel free to move it, Our PD here uses 151.040 Repeater output with a PL of 88.5 and the repeater input is 155.970. If I put that in my scanner it shows to pop up 146.2.. When I try to key that up it will not hit their repeater, When I hit the 88.5 that one won't work either. The scanner ID's it at 146.2, Is there something else that could be throwing it off?
I'm trying to get it where I can talk to the PD since they want all of us Volunteer Fire Dept. Personnel to be able to communicate with city police since we run thru town on our calls.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If the PD wants you operating on their repeater, than ask them for the proper frequencies and tones.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Keep in mind that transmitting in 146.200, without a Amateur Radio license, and properly identifying yourself, is illegal.

I'm assuming you are actually using a modified ham transciever rather than a commercial radio. Most likely the default PL is 88.5 and you haven't sucessfully changed the transmit PL to the desired tone. Try to change the TX PL according to the manufacturers instruction.

NCFire11

I'm assuming you are actually using a modified ham transciever rather than a commercial radio. Most likely the default PL is 88.5 and you haven't sucessfully changed the transmit PL to the desired tone. Try to change the TX PL according to the manufacturers instruction.

When you "assume" something you do just that- You make an arse of u and me.

Never in the OPs post did he mention using a Ham anything(radio,frequency, anything). But I do agree that if the PD wants you on your frequencies, they should be easy to get, if they don't know them(I doubt they would) just ask the manager of your radio system.

Some repeaters use different input/output PL tones, so that may be a factor.

The city police and county cars around here want us to be able to talk with them directly if the need arises too.

A possible way to get the correct PL is to set your scanner on the input frequency and grab the PL tone of a nearby transmitting car.

Edit: didnt think of this, but are you using a mobile or portable, and if its a portable are you in range?

btritch

When you "assume" something you do just that- You make an arse of u and me.

Never in the OPs post did he mention using a Ham anything(radio,frequency, anything). But I do agree that if the PD wants you on your frequencies, they should be easy to get, if they don't know them(I doubt they would) just ask the manager of your radio system.

Some repeaters use different input/output PL tones, so that may be a factor.

The city police and county cars around here want us to be able to talk with them directly if the need arises too.

A possible way to get the correct PL is to set your scanner on the input frequency and grab the PL tone of a nearby transmitting car.

Edit: didnt think of this, but are you using a mobile or portable, and if its a portable are you in range?

I did the input frequency thing and it shows 146.2. But that doesn't work. I'm actually using a Kenwood TK 2312 and a TK 7160. I have a friend that is in charge of dispatch up there, She's the one that told me to begin with to make sure it worked, It doesn't so I asked her last night about it and she's supposed to check on it monday and get me the right thing that does and let me know. The output frequency is 88.5 and the input is 146.2. I'll see what she tells me. There's something somewhere that's throwing it off.

SMFD34

Somtimes it may take more than a PL to use the repeater, I beleive there are systems that can use MDC to permit access. I admit I'm not familiar with the system but it may be a consideration.

btritch

Somtimes it may take more than a PL to use the repeater, I beleive there are systems that can use MDC to permit access. I admit I'm not familiar with the system but it may be a consideration.

You may be right, I have noticed on some radios when somebody else keys up it will show if it's police etc. and show the unit number. I thought about that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.