Repeater Inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Can anyone tell me the inputs for 145.11 and 145.45 Also for the 88 machine is the PL 88.5 or 141.3 used and are they just on the input side and not the output? Thanks...

P.J.

CommShrek

peterjmag said:
Can anyone tell me the inputs for 145.11 and 145.45 Also for the 88 machine is the PL 88.5 or 141.3 used and are they just on the input side and not the output? Thanks...

P.J.

Standard 600 khz offset as far as your inputs go. I don't remember what the PL tone is set for in my radio for the .88 machine. I think it's still set to 88.5 and it's still working. I've got to say that the best resource for that info would be www.tulsahamradio.org since the information there would come from the club that owns the repeater. ETA: I forgot to say, the PL tone is generally just used on the input and is used to cut down on interference. Basically, the repeater only opens up when it hears the CTCSS (PL) tone transmitted along with the carrier.

Also, real quick, I found this page which is pretty helpful in explaining how some of this stuff works. You probably already know it, but it's a good resourse.

http://www.northbrevardradioclub.org/whatisarepeater.htm

Last edited:

jrplmil

PJ tones will only be on input. If it were on the output then the repeater itself would have to trigger it. That would only present another possible problem as it would be another thing that could go wrong. Hope this makes sense to you.

OkRob

From what I've seen, most repeaters output the same PL tone as the input requires. This will enable a receiving station to use tone squelch on the receiver to eliminate interference, such as from paging systems. Some may not output a tone, but from what I've seen, most of them around Tulsa do, unless things have recently changed with that. Some repeater controllers even have an option to generate the output tone in case the transmitter doesn't handle the tone output. I very rarely monitor anything in amateur bands anymore, but used to alot when I was active there.

PJ, in the 145 MHz band, most repeaters use a -600 KHz offset, although some will be different than that. You may have known that though...

- Rob

Last edited:

CommShrek

Band Plan...

Well guys, it's important to understand the 2-Meter Band Plan. I've found a link for you guys to check out for more information. Generally speaking, the negative offsets are on the lower end of the 2-Meter band and the postive offsets are on the upper side of the band. We haven't even begun to discuss frequency spacing either. For more info, check out this link:

http://www.k0nr.com/rwitte/2m_frequencies.html

KD5WLX

I can't speak for the TRO repeaters (146.88 is TRO's) but all of the TARC repeaters re-transmit the same tone they require to key up. As Shrek said, this is so we can use tone-squelch and not have to listen to distant repeaters keying our radios while they aren't keying our repeater. Many ham repeaters don't retransmit the PL tone, though.

AFAIK, the BA (145.45) repeater doesn't have a tone at all, nor does the 147.39 or 147.000 (American Airlines ARC).

Status
Not open for further replies.