"Repeater" output on 151.8200 with 754 DPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumbled across a repeater output on 151.8200(murs) with a 754 DPL. Most of the conversations are in Spanish and it appears that there is some sort of phone patch or rebroadcasting.
My understanding is that this is ILLEGAL. Having said this,does anyone know what the INPUT to this repeater is? (for logging purposes and FCC complaint documentation) It appears to be located in Chicago Illinois around the midway airport area. Any info from LEGITIMATE radio operators would be appreciated.

thanks and 73

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Stumbled across a repeater output on 151.8200(murs) with a 754 DPL. Most of the conversations are in Spanish and it appears that there is some sort of phone patch or rebroadcasting.
My understanding is that this is ILLEGAL. Having said this,does anyone know what the INPUT to this repeater is? (for logging purposes and FCC complaint documentation) It appears to be located in Chicago Illinois around the midway airport area. Any info from LEGITIMATE radio operators would be appreciated.

thanks and 73

could be anything, my guess is it would probably be one of the other MURS/DOT VHF channels, most likely 154.54, 154.57 or 154.6 as they'd most likely be far enough for crappy mobile duplexers to be effective. Of course with a bootleg operation, no telling. you'd have to scan around and try to find it the hard way. could be anywhere on the band.

W2NJS

Your understanding is incorrect.

It's still legal for anyone who had a legal FCC license for what became a MURS channel to operate as they always did on that channel, so what you're hearing might be legal. If these guys have a license that's still good then it should be in the FCC listing. The current FCC listing for that frequency in Illinois can be found at this site:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?freq=151.820&tone=&action=isf&stid[]=17&coid=1

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There is one in my area also on the same frequency. Its not on all the time and I've only heard it ID a few times, no actual traffic on it. It's weak repeater at best, I haven't been able to copy what ID is yet too look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.