repeater shift question

Status
Not open for further replies.

trauts14

i am using FTB60 software to program my yaesu ft-60. for some reason the repeater shift automatically changes when i program mil channels. in the attached pic, that should be column 4 which shows the repeater shift. should the repeater shift be set to, "zero?" the mil frequencies i am programming say nothing about a repeater. most are mil aircomms. i have the "encoding method" for all of these freqs set to 100 by default. am i do the correct thing? hopefully my screenshot will better explain things.

Attachments

• mil.jpg
    mil.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 28

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it's ok. The key word is "simplex", but since you are monitoring those channels only, even if it was set up as a repeater, you would only hear the output frequency. Make sure the CTCSS is "off". I can't tell from that screen shot....you do not want that active as they are not used in AM mil comms.

nd5y

FTB software allows you to set the default offset for different bands to whatever you want.

If a memory channel is set to simplex then the offset isn't used and has no effect so you don't need to bother with changing anything.

Yaesu makes the default PL 100.0 and DCS 023 on all channels so if you aren't using PL or DCS then you don't have to bother changing that either.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
i am using FTB60 software to program my yaesu ft-60. for some reason the repeater shift automatically changes when i program mil channels. in the attached pic, that should be column 4 which shows the repeater shift. should the repeater shift be set to, "zero?" the mil frequencies i am programming say nothing about a repeater. most are mil aircomms. i have the "encoding method" for all of these freqs set to 100 by default. am i do the correct thing? hopefully my screenshot will better explain things.

Leave the offset frequency alone. The row to the left that says ‘simplex’ defines the transmit shift state.

Simplex: TX frequency = RX frequency

Plus/+: TX frequency = RX frequency + offset value.

Minus/-: TX Frequency = RX frequency - offset

The only reason to change the offset value is if the repeater you are using has an offset value that is different than the standard offset defined.

I usually delete all offsets other than 0.600KHz and 5.000MHz that are used in North America.

For non standard repeater offsets, I simply program the transmit frequency with out defining the offset first(the display will show “+/-“on the display rather than just a “+” or “-“.

For DCS/CTCSS: the DCS and CTCSS rows will ALWAYS have a value in it(default is 023 for DCS and 100.0 or 88.5 for CTCSS) the row to the left of the CTCSS value defines whether it is used or not.

For airband receiving, ensure ‘simplex’ is selected for the offset and ‘off’ is selected for DCS/CTCSS State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.