Repeaters for East Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVIDKUPFER

Any info on 2 m and 70cm repeaters which cover the East Mojave Desert. The area is somewhat remote and during hunting season and when we are camping and off roading, it is important to have access to emergency services.

cristisphoto

Good Question! Try, the link I included....

DAVIDKUPFER said:
Any info on 2 m and 70cm repeaters which cover the East Mojave Desert. The area is somewhat remote and during hunting season and when we are camping and off roading, it is important to have access to emergency services.

As an outdoorsperson lol and USA Navy vet,
The best emergency service is often yourself.
Be WELL prepared and knowledgable.
ANd always Use extreme caution when outdoors....
And Drinks LOTS of Water ....
I mean lots ..If you don't feel thirsty, Ignore that and drink anyway...
anyhow LOL
Repeaters would be cool in the desert...

Try searching through this:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchAdvanced.jsp

I hope this actualy helps and not me rambling on like usual LOL
Regards,
Crista

SCPD

QRT
The 146.880 repeater on Potosi (pronounced "Po ta see") is linked to the Intermountain Intertie system. This is a really interesting and fun system to operate. I've worked Potosi from just north of Baker into Las Vegas and was in a three way QSO with mobiles in Pocatello, Kingman, and Salt Lake. Information on this system can be obtained at this site:

http://www.ussc.com/~uvhfs/snowlink.html

Other repeaters in the area include one listed in the ARRL Repeater Directory as located in Ludlow on 147.885 which is most likely on Rodman Mountain and one located at Newberry Springs (in the I-40 area on the Kelso-Amboy road) and most likely located on a peak in the Bristol Mountains. I don't have any experience working either of these repeaters yet so I can't tell you anything about coverage. I do know that Spirit Mtn. offers far more coverage than you might think. Repeaters in the San Bernardino and San Gabriel Mtns. provide surprising coverage to the north for quite some distance depending on topography.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.