Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezelle007

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible for there to be repeaters that are connected together and simulcast and have the same input? Because for awhile now I have been driving around the north yamhill county area picking up inputs for the law part, and the only one that I can get action on is 465.6250. I know that Yamhill PD use this input, but when I was driving through there, the output 460.6250 is weak. The stronger signal seems to come from 460.2750 and that comes off of bald peak.
But I have never heard anything on the input 465.2750. And I know for sure that you have change repeaters cause the dispatchers tell deputys to if they come in weak.

On the uhf fire side, its the same story, I have heard the input 465.0500 in Yamhill, and I have head it all the way in the mountains on the west side of the county... But its output, 460.0500, also comes from bald peak. I have listened to 460.0500 in carlton, and while its not too bad, 453.8375 comes in much stronger down there...

Just seems to me that there are frequencies that are mixed together. It would seem logical that if you could hear 460.2750 stronger, then 465.2750 would be the input. It just seems wierd how the county seems to be set up.

n5ims

They can and at times do link repeaters together for various reasons. They often set up several input receivers with a common output transmitter to pick up low power portables better. The repeater selects the receiver that has the best signal to retransmit so it's possible for one unit to come in on one receiver and who they're talking to may come in on another receiver. Listening to the repeater, it sounds like normall repeater traffic and you'd never know that multiple receivers were used.

Gezelle007

Premium Subscriber
Oh awesome, that sounds like exactly whats happening here. I mean, by input wise because like you said you cant tell by just listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.