Replacement antenna for CB/Weather band

Status
Not open for further replies.

degraves

Hi I'm new to this and was looking for information about a replacement antenna on the WEB abd found this site. I recently purchased a motor home which has a CB/weather radio mounted in the dash. The antenna is a thru glass mounted type. There is no drilled holes which would sandwich the glass simply adhesive on both sides. The outside antenna and mount has fallen off. Don't know the brand of antenna. Question, can I simply use any replacement antenna as long as the mounts are the same size? Is there any frequency issues I need to worry about?

kf4lne

Yes, thgere will be frequency issues to deal with, such as weather or not the antenna is designed for use at 27MHz frequencies where CB radios operate. You do not have to get a antenna specifically for the weather band, however one that includes weather band optimization will greatly improve reception of the weather band. Also, check with local CB radio shops to have the antenna installed and properly tuned. A poorly tuned antenna can damage the transmitter in the CB radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.