Replacement WiFi Dongle Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_am_Alpha1

I did a very, very bad thing. I can't find my WiFi dongle and believe it may have ended up in the trash. I'd like to place the blame on someone else, so I'll try---It's Obama's fault (since I don't like him). Guess if the siren app would have been released with the scanner, I would have plugged it in and been using it vs setting it aside and trowing it out when I moved. But, bottom line, it's my fault--can't even say the dog ate it.

Anyway, where can I get a replacement? Is there another brand that will work (any usb WiFi dongle or does the OEM one actually contain data)? I've searched the web and can't find a thing--I can get all the other accessories, just not this one.

JamesO

If your lucky, Uniden will have to send everyone a new one out because they cannot get the original one working anyway!

You cannot use anything other than the unit Uniden choose as specific firmare and software will be written for the dongle.

You should be able to contact Uniden parts and they should be able to help you out. I hope it is no more than $30 as this is all it is worth at tops in my opinion.

I had seen one on ebay a while back, but do not see it now.

Good luck.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I've got two I'll probably never use, even if the Siren App is someday eventually by some miraculous miracle of divine intervention released. If you really want/need a dongle, I'll send you one free of charge. Let me know.

:)

I_am_Alpha1

I've got two I'll probably never use, even if the Siren App is someday eventually by some miraculous miracle of divine intervention released. If you really want/need a dongle, I'll send you one free of charge. Let me know.

:)

Thanx...Just sent you a PM.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Darn and I was going to offer to sell mine since it isn't useable and probably never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.