Replacing the Uniden HP-1 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

UPMan, Can the batteries that are 2300Mah be replaced higher MAH.I would like to replace those with 2900MAH batteries.Please advise. Thank You.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You can replace them with any AA batteries you like. If you allow them to charge in the scanner, change the charge time setting (see page 26 of the manual).

lep

I don't claim to be a battery expert, however, the owner of company that distributes a lot of batteres told me in person that the 2900 MAH AA is mostly a dream of the advertising department of the manufacturer to sell more units and that he didn't personally believe they provide that much capacity (Oh, he sells them of course but he doesn't beleive they are any better than the ones Uniden provides initially). BTW I purchasd my first HP-1 the day they were released to the public and have been using the original battereis daily since with no problem, but maybe I have just been lucky.

W9NES

lep, thanks but your infomation is not correct. I have the 2900MAH batteries and they last a lot longer than the batteries that are provided by Uniden, I have used them in my Uniden 396T and my Uniden 396XT. I will be putting them in my Hp-1.As a ***Professioanal Scanner User.***I carry my scanner with me all the time and depend on the scanner letting me know what is going on and keeping me updated.

lindsay34654

I want to ask a dumb question, what is a professional scanner user? I was always informed that a Professional is someone that makes a living in a profession in a certain field. and an expert is someone that is extremely knowledgable about field that they enjoy.

Since I have been into scanning since 1963 how can I apply for a job as a Professional Scanner user so that I can make money for the Hobby that I like.

lep

lep, thanks but your infomation is not correct. I have the 2900MAH batteries and they last a lot longer than the batteries that are provided by Uniden, I have used them in my Uniden 396T and my Uniden 396XT. I will be putting them in my Hp-1.As a ***Professioanal Scanner User.***I carry my scanner with me all the time and depend on the scanner letting me know what is going on and keeping me updated.

Actually the 396s were not mentioned in the discussion until now, I thought the Question was about an HP-1. The supplied Uniden batteries in my 396s were not of the same quality and I have replaced them a number of times.

My information was a quote from a well known national advertiser of batteries, (and owner of the company) I expect to see him at Dayton in 3 weeks or so but i won't tell him that his information is incorrect, he was just trying to keep me from wasting some money.

Completly off the subject, my dad was the national sales manager for a furniture manufacturer years ago when I was working on my EE degree. You could order Mattress and box springs sets from the factory with any sewn on price tags you wanted to make it easier to have a " Sale of xx percent off Factory Price!"

Status
Not open for further replies.