Reprogram Bearcat BC898T for different frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegasus1945

I have a New Uniden Bearcat BC898T scanner. It works fine but it will not pick up any of the local police signals. They switched to the 800 frequency range I believe and I now cannot get them with this radio.

My Question is, can this radio be sent somewhere and be reprogrammed to receive these signals.

Thank you.

mciupa

I have a New Uniden Bearcat BC898T scanner. It works fine but it will not pick up any of the local police signals. They switched to the 800 frequency range I believe and I now cannot get them with this radio.

My Question is, can this radio be sent somewhere and be reprogrammed to receive these signals.

Thank you.

Hi pegasus1945 welcome to RadioReference. :)

Sorry, but there is no where to send that radio as it can not be modified to receive this system Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

I'm afraid you will have to purchase a digital scanner. :(

pegasus1945

Is there any specific model you would recommend. We live in the sticks and it would be nice to know what is happening out in the wild world.

CStarr59

Any of the newer "Digital" scanner from GRE, Uniden, or RS should work with your current frequencies. I would also suggest software to program it to make it easier.

pegasus1945

Do you mean that these new 800 frequencies can be programmed into one of the units you suggested. If so which one would you recommend? Thanks Bob

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have a New Uniden Bearcat BC898T scanner.

You're scanner still has some use in it. It's excellent for private, commercial, and military aircraft, if you're interested. In addition to that, I see you're near the Lake Michigan shore, so VHF marine would be another use for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.