Reprogram the Police Frequencies on BC-350

Status
Not open for further replies.

daj0kker

I have the BC-350 and would like to remove the preprogrammed frequencies on the Police Button and I would like to put in my own for this area. I have found that I hear almost 'nothing' on the reprogrammed 'police' button. My thought is that the 'police' button is a waste and if I could reprogram it, it would certainly save my 50 private buttons and make my BC-350 more functional.

Thanks for the opportunity to post. I look forward to each reply that I receive.

Thanks again;
Dave

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Be prepared for tired fingers, you have to lock out every frequency you do not want in each of the bands if you do not want to scan them. I think a few of the preprogrammed buttons could take user programmed frequencies, but just a few.

I have used various versions of that scanner over the years, the RS 2056 & 2038 as well as the uniden 700a (which had conventional 800 like the newest versions does).

Where you are, you might be able to use a few of the preprogramamed frequencies, just check through all of them and that will save you a few spots for custom programmed stuff.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
It's been many years since I did it, but I think I turned the squelch back (where it was making noise) and turned the volume down, then I just hit the lockout button on each frequency I did not want. It took a while to do it, but it helped because I would not have to wait for it to scan all those frequencies that I knew were not used in my area.

You can do that for each bank of preprogrammed channels, so I had things programmed that I would not want to scan together because you can only scan one bank at a time.

So I had some fire/EMS stuff from one county in one bank, and some police/fire/EMS from another county in another bank, etc...

Here is the Radio Reference Database(aka RRDB) page for Richmond County and Hamlet
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1963

Last edited:

jrplmil

I have a 350 and it will only lockout 50 freq's but I have the a model. My question is wheather the freq's are part of a trunked system or not. Mine workes great out here where there is no trunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.