Reprogramming killed the scanner screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodo123

Hi all, first time posting here. I've needed to reprogram the scanner to suit the different places I've had to travel to for work. One day, the screen would go completely blank whenever I change to a different menu, such as the volume control, but return to normal function on the main scanner window. I thought the firmware went corrupt or something, so I tried giving it a firmware update, which made the problem even worse (the settings menu causes the screen to blank out). Now, after a reprogram, it's coming up completely blank for all menus, all while it continues to scan normally.

I've also tried a factory reset (2+9+power on) which didn't do anything. Although the screen doesn't work anymore, Freescan can remotely control everything from the computer. The screen is also not damaged physically, as far as I can tell, and the backlight works fine, too. The scanner is pretty new, bought it about two months ago.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix this?

prodo123

After fiddling around with some of the test modes, I got it back to a somewhat usable state, with the main scanner display showing. But the screen still goes blank whenever I try to open a menu, change volume, adjust squelch etc.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi all, first time posting here. I've needed to reprogram the scanner to suit the different places I've had to travel to for work. One day, the screen would go completely blank whenever I change to a different menu, such as the volume control, but return to normal function on the main scanner window. I thought the firmware went corrupt or something, so I tried giving it a firmware update, which made the problem even worse (the settings menu causes the screen to blank out). Now, after a reprogram, it's coming up completely blank for all menus, all while it continues to scan normally.

I've also tried a factory reset (2+9+power on) which didn't do anything. Although the screen doesn't work anymore, Freescan can remotely control everything from the computer. The screen is also not damaged physically, as far as I can tell, and the backlight works fine, too. The scanner is pretty new, bought it about two months ago.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix this?
The correct reset is pressing keys 2, 9, and Hold while powering up. But I'd agree with Johnny. Sounds like a problem with the display itself. If that's correct, a reset will not cure the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.