Request Assistance w/ Programming BC796D

Status
Not open for further replies.

renilyn

Any chance of getting one of you pros in the COS area to assist someone that's been out of the scanner world for more than 20 years? Here's what I've got:

-Uniden BC796D
-Not using software at this time due to lack of cable to do so
-What I'd like to be hearing is: EPSO, CSPD, Local Fire/EMS, COS Airport
-An understanding of why it doesn't "scan" like the good ole days (ok, you can laugh now lol)

It isn't for lack of understanding that I need to hit the manufacturer manual, because I have. Nor is it lack of looking about the forums and interwebs, I have done this as well. But, WOWWWWWWWWWW have things changed from crystals and inputting a few frequency numbers!

I'd be much obliged for any assistance folks are willing to give! Honestly I'm so frustrated with the thing, I'm ready to scream! lol

dw2872

I had the same thing happen to me. I had a scanner as a kid when my dad was a cop (crystal days) and then in my late teens when you no longer needed a crystal for each frequency.

Then I got busy travelling with the Air Force overseas and stopped scanning. But when I retired, I could not believe how much things had changed with advent of TDMA and trunked systems.

It's a steep but fun learning curve but it can sometimes be frustrating.

I am in Colorado Springs (near Stetson Hills and Tutt) and could meet you somewhere and show you what you need to know about your scanner and the local systems.

I'll send you a private message with my contact info.

renilyn

Thank you Dan for your prompt reply. It's VERY nice to know that someone else came into this as oblivious as me ;) I'm just over by the Citadel and am also retired and SO much obliged to you for your help. I'll keep an eye out for your PM. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.