Request for 700 MHz PGFD Audio Feed New Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesdotcc

Hello All,
The PGFD audio feed here on RadioReference is currently being hosted outside the county. In light of the impending move to the new 700 TDMA system, we'd like to relocate this feed to a new location within the county. Is there anybody (inside the county of course) who would be willing to be host the new feed? Or, is there anybody with a connection to a local department that might be willing to do the same?

All equipment would be provided and I can assist with setup if desired. You will need to provide a secure location with power and a high speed always-on internet connection. The feed takes very little actual bandwidth (around 4 kbps, most connections these days are many megabits), but needs a constant connection. I have several feeds on my home connection with no noticable effect.

If you think you may be able to help provide this feed, or are a member of an organization you believe would be interested that I could reach out to, please PM me.

Thanks,
Charles

illbedam

The PG Govt folks should do this on there own for good PR, if nothing else. I know, wishful thinking. :(

charlesdotcc

The PG Govt folks should do this on there own for good PR, if nothing else. I know, wishful thinking. :(

Yeah, agreed. I think it'd be a great thing for them to do.

Loudoun Co., VA does this, but it's kind of half-hearted. It's Windows Media based so it's pretty much Windows only, and only monitors dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.