Coding Request for Extension ParserFunctions

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Would it be possible to get the Extension ParserFunctions installed on the Wiki? There are a few legacy templates like Template: DB and Template:Infobox_TRS which attempts to links to other parts of the site like the database or forums which cannot be updated for RRDB v2.0 or XenForo without duplicating these templates to cover various cases. These templates are widely used and not being able to update the template would require significant editing to correct every single case.

For specific examples, Template: DB cannot be updated to support the new RRDB v2.0 link format because database links for countries (coid), states (stid), and counties (ctid) use RRDB | United States, while agencies (aid) and systems (sid) use RR Database Home. Template:Infobox_TRS attempts to link to state forums, but it no longer works as every state forum has a unique ID unless the template is duplicated for every state. In both cases, it looks like the #switch function can be used to cover these scenarios.

This is actually be the second time this extension as been requested as it was previously requested in thread Wiki Extensions.

Thanks!

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Thank you! I was able to use the #switch function to update Template: DB to support the RRDB v2.0 link format and Template:Forum to handle backwards compatible link conversions to the appropriate XenForo forums.

Last edited: