• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Request for Information on 700 MHz usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello all,

The "Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011" (H.R. 3630) is being voted on today (December 13th). Despite its name, this act features a number of spectrum management proposals, one of which requires public safety licensees to "give back" the narrowband portion of 700 MHz for auction. These narrowband channels are where new radio systems are currently being built-out today. A potential "give back" at this point may displace critical (and expensive) operations and offer no place else to go.

I've been asked to help cast a broad net to get as much information as possible. I couldn't think of a better place to start than with the people who listen in every day. If you are an "agency", please complete the survey below and submit it. If you monitor a 700 MHz user, please PM me with any relevant information and I'll get it to the people collecting the information. The goal is to get a nationwide valuation of 700 MHz assets that are in use.

No political commentary or editorials, please. Just who's using 700 and where.

Thank you! :)

"902"

TIMELY ACTION REQUIRED PLEASE

APCO and Public Safety Community need your help.

Speaker John Boehner has introduced a new legislation that includes the JOBS Act with the 700 MHz Narrowband giveback language.

This new legislation, known as the ‘‘Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011’’ incorporates HR 3630. It is anticipated that the House will vote on this legislation this afternoon (12-13-2011).

We need your help to compile as much data on the use of 700 MHz Narrowband channels as possible. Below link will guide you to a short survey which attempts to gather such information. Please forward this survey to any Public Safety licensees that will be affected by such legislation.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SHR2JRR

The survey will be open until Friday December 16, 2011 for your responses.

Thank you all for your time

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is that survey something you created on your own, or is it endorsed by APCO? Please provide details or links that explain where the survey information is ultimately ending up, given that it asks for some pretty specific information.

n5ims

May I recommend that you do a simple search on the FCC database which will tell you what licenses have been issued and with a few clicks you can find what you're asking for. This database is public information so nothing critical should be compromised.

May I recommend that you do a simple search on the FCC database which will tell you what licenses have been issued and with a few clicks you can find what you're asking for. This database is public information so nothing critical should be compromised.
Thanks. Much of the information is in ULS, but systems built on state-use frequencies are not. They are similar to market-based licenses and won't even appear in CAPRAD unless they were deliberately entered there.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is that survey something you created on your own, or is it endorsed by APCO? Please provide details or links that explain where the survey information is ultimately ending up, given that it asks for some pretty specific information.

Question answered, thanks 902! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.