Request for longer delay setting for Tone Out feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
I like the Uniden's scanner ability to do the Fire Tone Out option but one thing that drives me crazy is that all the Cal-Fire disp I listen to tend to take anywhere from 15-30 seconds between Tones and voice. The "Delay Time" in my BCD996T only goes to 5 seconds, so the only setting that works is setting to Infinite but then it picks up everything after. Is it possible a future firmware upgrade can add 30 second or customizable settings? Or is it possible I am not doing something right? I hope this makes sense what I am trying to explain.

Viper43

15 seconds would be awefuly long, 30 unrealistic, but then so is infinite in my opinion. Why so long between the tones & audio, are they doing this on more than one system... ie: conventional and trunked? It seems strange it would take that long.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have the same issue as Brandon and have also asked for an increase. Here too we have dispatch centers that tone out on one channel and simulcast the voice message to the "En Route" channel. When the En Route channel is busy they often have to wait 15 to 30 seconds before broadcasting the message.

The current selection of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 seconds could be changed to 2, 5, 10, 15 and 30 and few people would have cause to complain.

walt991

I have the same problem. 30 sec will work just fine for me. 5 sec is way too short.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Many systems will dispatch one incident on two different frequencies, say one for fire and one for EMS. In the case of a structure fire that could likely be one two sets of EMS tones (one for EMS, one for volunteer rescue) and four or six sets of fire tones (for station siren & pagers for two or three stations).

So it could be quite sometime before the EMS dispatch frequency actually has an voice traffic.

D

DaveNF2G

I'd like 60 seconds. :)

I think the exact delay that would be "best" is going to depend on local factors that have been enumerated already in this thread. I also agree that a couple of longer options (30 and 60 are good IMO) would be welcome.

Maybe one of those forthcoming fee-based upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.