Request help with basic programming for Seattle PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghausdev

I recently got a GRE PSR500, and I've got it scanning conventional frequencies just fine.

However, I am really confused about programming for Seattle PD. I can see from this page http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=604 that it seems to be a wide-area trunked system, and I see that there are numerous frequencies listed.

I can't seem to figure out how to get from the information on that page to my scanner listening to those frequencies.

Could someone help me out with some pointers?

AtomicTaco

I don't have a PSR500, but Bush was quoted as saying "it makes rocket surgery look easy." Yes, rocket surgery...

Anyway, set it for control channel only Motorola trunking, non-P25. The Seattle Simulcast will have the Seattle PD units on it 99.99% of the time, so use 868.17500 as your control channel. There's also a good chance you'll hear them on KC/VC (851.8125) which has great coverage and EPSCA (868.77500) which has a repeater on top of Tiger Mtn.

doghausdev

Thanks for your messages- I think I have this cracked, using Win500 software, and a premium subscription to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.