Requesting all MS monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
With a LOT of new systems coming online and new additions to existing systems, I would like to formally beg for all you guys monitoring to take a listen and submit any new info for all the new changes. Tones, chan numbers, who's really using etc... TY in advance.

bassmkenk2508

will do :)

Just got a 396 and am working on I-calls for the Jackson County TRS and their new digital TGs. As you know I attend MSU in Starkville near Columbus and will do much updating as it comes up for the area. Plus stuff along the way from the Coast to MSU. ;)

nexus

Before you even ask, I'm already in the process of trying to find out what Mutual Aid Patch 2 on Jackson County is being patched to. It's been pretty active for a week now. I'm thinking something in Mobile, but I could be totally wrong. I emailed my source at team-one communications who maintains the system. I'm curious, what exactly are you doing with the icalls?

I'm interested in finding out more about Hancock's APCO25 system. I have YET to find their control channel. The RRDB says 866.1125 but I never hear anything on it, but if I monitor the other freqs. (not in trunked mode) I'll here APCO traffic on it from around Biloxi. One of these days I'll have to drive back over there. But I found it odd that I'm not picking up a control channel.

Hey tell me what you think of that 396 on the JC system. I'm interested in getting one too. Just curious how the battery life holds up, and how good the digital sounds on it.

bassmkenk2508

Nexus,

Digital quality is good on it, I dont even need the Auto Gain Control on to hear well.
Jackson Co SO uses I-calls as well as others. Battery seems to do ok on it, but haven't had a good consistent chance to rate it time-wise. I use 3 2500 mAh rechargeable batteries.
I just got tired of hauling two scanners with me if i go somewhere and want to listen to APCO 25 comms and LTR (pro-96 & BC250D)
Also regarding this system and Mobile, from previous listening, some Mobile Co. VFDs have access to the VFD talkgroups on the Jackson Co. TRS. They interop'd with our VFDs on a state line incident. (will post a note to the RRDB).

Plus with future development of a 700 MHz State system (hopefully motorola!) the 396 seemed a nice investment.

Yes, development of new systems in the state proves a good reason to be on a carefully listening lookout.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
When it comes to I-Calls, any verified usage info I will post on the system text box for now... might come up with some other ideas later but it seems logical to place them on that block with the system! :)

nexus

Right I know they use I-Calls for (PC) private calls between units. Even I have the ability of doing I-call my id is 720545 on my MTX8000 but I just didn't understand why you would be logging them? I mean I never saw a reason to have them on the db. I was just curious what the angle was to having them documented?

Yes... heh 700mhz. When I get one of those I'll be able to go into new orleans listening. :)

bassmkenk2508

well just ID'ing the beginning parts of them, such as ones in the series of 728xxx being the SO units. that kind of stuff. I also found some in the series of 737xxx and 738xxx. just figuring out what agencies use those series.

it would be useless to submit each individual ID of coure, lol

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Exactly but having a basic I-Call type listing is not a bad idea.. thus the way I am listing em! :)

nexus

See I was thinking that was what you were doing, logging each individual id you came across. Usually the SO is the only agency using ICALL. The volunteer fire departments use to be able to do it, but the sheriff (at the time pete pope) didn't like them using the trs like a CB. And he had the radio shop disable PC on their ID's.

nexus

The Talkgroup "Mutual Aid Patch 2" on Jackson County TRS is directly linked to Mobile County Sheriff's EDACS on their talkgroup called "Mutual Aid Patch 2"

This was provided to me from the radio shop that maintains the TRS.

bassmkenk2508

nexus said:
The Talkgroup "Mutual Aid Patch 2" on Jackson County TRS is directly linked to Mobile County Sheriff's EDACS on their talkgroup called "Mutual Aid Patch 2"

This was provided to me from the radio shop that maintains the TRS.

interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.