Resetting BC898T

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
I have tried to find some info on how to reset the 898t but can't seem to find it,anyone here have any idea on how to do this or if it can be done?? just want to erase all freq's.talkgroups,etc Thanks

- For a "Hard Reset" (will clear all the settings and memories) : Hold " 2 + 9 + MANUAL " while turning power on.

- To check the firmware version : Hold " 2 + 4 + 9 " while turning power on.

Found on GOOGLE!

HTH.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
ok cool yes i do have the latest firmware but thanks, i tried searching in google as well but dunno maybe i just typed it wrong

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike, Welcome to Radio reference!!! For your first questions, yes u can reset as many times as you wish. For your 2nd question, yes you can still pick up conventional freqs,in the same bank you have a trunking system, i have mine setup that way and i have no problems.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
yup, sure did wish they would put stuff like that in the manual

they used to back in the day....until they found out if they didn't add it in the manual, then they can make money for "repairs" to the scanners. smart thinking on their part, but they must have forgotten about the internet and forums ;) lol

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
they used to back in the day....until they found out if they didn't add it in the manual, then they can make money for "repairs" to the scanners. smart thinking on their part, but they must have forgotten about the internet and forums ;) lol

Lol very true, which doesn't surprise me these days

kk7xe

Hard Reset BC898T Problem

I was looking for info on how to do the reset, that went fine, but came up with Lockout on and it will not let me do anything. Wanted to scan a Freq. bank, and it will not let me..Any ideas? Thank you.

N8IAA

I was looking for info on how to do the reset, that went fine, but came up with Lockout on and it will not let me do anything. Wanted to scan a Freq. bank, and it will not let me..Any ideas? Thank you.

Well, if you did the hard reset, you cleared everything out of the scanner. There is nothing for you to scan. Have you pressed MAN button? It should take you to Bank 1, channel 1 with no frequency. Then you can start programming everything back in:)
Larry

kk7xe

Thanks for info Larry

Hi Larry.
Please excuse my brain. Have been looking at so many (receivers), I had on my mind I could scan where a certain freq. allocation would be, if I was to put it there. Dumb, dumb, dumb on my part. Want to buy a scanniing receiver and have been looking at so many my brain had that set in my mind that I could do that. Thanks for the kind reply. Guess I shall get the receiver I've been looking at. Thanks again. 73's.

Scannerbuff42

Premium Subscriber
898t 10-33

So that I don't have to read a book or 4654 post, does anyone know if the 898T has had an update that permits it to track the P25 latest form of trunk tracking - whatever that may be - such as my 3 396's?

And what is the PC cable number and brand I should get to connect the 898T to the PC to program it? And while I'm at it - which is the EASIEST PC program to program it - in which I don't have to attend Harvard to figure out. I can do the PRO-SCAN well but it won't work the 898T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.