Residents evacuated after shots fired in bakersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

1979lee

Breaking News: Residents evacuated after shots fired

Posted 7/11/06
OILDALE - Sheriff's officers are evacuating houses in Oildale after a suspect fired shots at deputies and deputies fired back.
There is no word of anyone hurt, but there are reports the suspect is armed with an AK-47 assault rifle.

It’s happening on Alandale and McGregor and Dwina Avenues, near China Grade Loop and North Chester Avenue.

It started just after 2:30 p.m. when deputies approached a house on Alandale.

Deputies have blocked off intersections in the area and are requiring neighbors to leave their homes. They’ve called for armored cars and the SWAT team.

info credited to kget tv 17

listen in on kcso metro ch 453.050

Eng74

That is not Bakersfield it is Oildale or know as the Dale. Nice place to pass through. They have shifts of people who stand out infront of the 7 elevn at Chester and Roberts. I think I saw Jay and Silent Bob out there once.

1979lee

That is not Bakersfield it is Oildale or know as the Dale. Nice place to pass through. They have shifts of people who stand out infront of the 7 elevn at Chester and Roberts. I think I saw Jay and Silent Bob out there once. (quote)

hey guys i said bakersfield because some members may not know where the (DALE) is
i wish i did not live here and the 7 11 part is true lotta a freaks hang there so should put a
substation there HA!!!
hey eng74 i was in ridgecrest today and saw fire engine 74 north bound passing the kfc
around noon was that you? mmmmm kfc!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
update credit to kget tv 17

Drugs and weapons seized after SWAT stand-off

Posted 7/12/06
BAKERSFIELD - An Oildale man is facing several charges after holding the sheriff's SWAT team at bay Tuesday night.
After more than five hours inside a house in the 1000 block of Alandale Avenue, the suspect, Darren Aldridge, 39, surrendered peacefully to authorities.

After the arrest, the SWAT team searched the home for more suspects, but instead officials said they found a shotgun, assault rifle, a .45 caliber pistol, body armor and a gas mask.

The suspect’s stepson, Maverick Richardson, said he was concerned about his step-father.

“He just went through a divorce with my mom and he's got two strikes, and next he'll go to jail for life,” Richardson said.

Officers also said they seized an undetermined amount of methamphetamine inside the home owned by Matt McCoy. McCoy arrived shortly after the stand-off began and investigators said McCoy and Aldridge are acquaintance.

After a search warrant was served at his residence, McCoy was booked at the Kern County Jail for Possession of methamphetamine for sale. His bail is set at $20,000.

Investigators said the standoff began after a woman walked into the home and found Aldridge, armed with a sawed-off shotgun. They said when deputies tried to get Aldridge to surrender, he fired two rounds. and that’s when the SWAT team was called in.

Crisis negotiators eventually convinced Aldridge to come out. He was taken to Kern Medical Center for examination before being booked on several charges including assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer and possession of a firearm with a prior violent offense.

He’s being held on $507,500 bail.

Aldridge is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday

Eng74

Not today. Have you seen any of the county's new Pierce Quantum's. I know 66 got one and 73 and 14 have theirs now.

1979lee

i saw 66 the other day nice fire engine and the new station 55 on the local news , man 55 has got a neat brand new fire station!!!

so that wasn't you . oh well , today i felt like driveing to the desert and i wound up in ridgecrest , started out here in bakersfield took the 58 eb to the nb 14 to randsburg/garlock road up nb on 395 too s china lake blvd , ate lunck and took a look around town , about 2pm chp got in a foot chase on w bowman road dont know if the caught the guy , then took 178 home to bakersfield AKA the dale! HA HA HA!!:lol: :lol:

have a good one eng74 and keep cool out there

lee

Status
Not open for further replies.